As a typical fullstack engineer, you will develop complete web applications (the frontend and backend) on a small and medium-sized team. On larger teams, you will likely work on one or more aspects (front or backend, for example, or help with both) of large applications. You may develop the frontend using a modern frameworks such as React.js, Angular.js, or Ember.js, build custom authentication and eCommerce solutions, create APIs and RESTful services (for both web apps and mobile apps), and deploy and manage server and database infrastructure, as well as turn designs and wireframes into real-world frontend applications. You will be able to develop complete, sophisticated web applications, and even mobile applications using web technologies.
- Competent problem-solving skills.
- Skillful use of the computer and the either Windows, Linux, or Mac.
Choose this Career Path If Any of the Following Applies to You
- You want to work for a high-tech firm like Google or Facebook and others who hire software engineers, not barely skilled web developers.
- You want to develop a startup on your own from scratch.
- If you have questions about this career path, schedule a free career evaluation.
What You will Learn
Typically, we teach you just about everything you need to know to become proficient in your career path. We aren't aware of any other similar program to our that does this.
We focus on the following five core technical skills:
- Problem-Solving: You will learn from the basics how to solve logic and algorithm problems, and you will learn how to become a skilled problem-solver. You yourself will even solve scores, possibly, hundreds of problems.
- UI/UX Development: To be regarded as one of the best UI/UX developers in the world, you must have the skills and confidence and panache to develop refined, complex, and meticulous UI. You must have the sensibility and grace to distinguish mediocre UIs and experiences from exceptional ones. We teach you all of these things and more.
- Domain Proficiency: We help you acquire deep knowledge and proficiency in your area of specialization. If your focus is frontend engineering, we teach you the tools, techniques, and technologies used by professional, world-class developers and we expect you to be skilled in those technologies and tools.
- Written Communication: Not only do we want you to become an outstanding engineer technically, but we also want you to excel in your career and in life. Accordingly, you will learn important fundamentals and other beneficial techniques that will help you markedly improve your written communications skill, a virtue that will reward you in myriad ways and over your lifetime, not just in your career path.
Along with these core technical skills, we also focus on helping you become a meticulous and refined engineer, and we teach you the intangibles to becoming successful.
Projects You Build
In addition to completing more than two dozen complex projects (many of which will be used in the real world), you will also build three significant web applications that will be used to solve real problems. For your final assignment, you will get the opportunity to do something extraordinary.
Jobs You May Qualify For: Fullstack
Engineer, Node.js Developer, Frontend Developer, UI/UX Engineer, Angular (or
Developer, MongoDB (or PostgreSQL) Developer
Total Time to Graduate
12 months (recommended study time: 2–4 hours a day, every day)
Important Note About Time to Graduate: Every student must graduate by their graduation date.
Since the time to graduate for this career path is months, your graduation date is . You can graduate sooner than the stated graduation date.
$0 $0 (0% Discount for the Standard Payment Only)
Other Payment Options
Price shown is for the online program. The in-person program costs 30% more.